Are you someone who tends to crave for chocolates a lot? Do you day dream of melting dark chocolate in your mouth and cannot resist the temptation of buying chocolates while passing through a chocolate store? Well you are not the only one with these cravings and believe it or not, but this can be cured. There are many ways through which you can curb your craving for chocolate and other sugary or sweet snacks. These are simple ways which wouldn’t require a lot of your effort and will help you cut down on the chocolate intake:
- Opt for fruits- whenever you have a craving for chocolate, make it a point to reach out for a fruit and eat it. This will not only help you to get in some fiber in your body but will also take care of the sweet temptation. Remember to stock up nuts, fruits, seeds etc. and keep them handy.
- Combining foods– if you are craving for a chocolate desperately but feel guilty about having it, then the best thing to do is to combine the sweetness of the chocolate with another food. For example, you can combine a chocolate cookie with milk or almonds with chocolate chips. This will help you to have something healthy and also give in to your cravings without feeling guilt.
- Eat on regular intervals– another way to curb your chocolate craving is to make sure you eat on regular intervals and instead of having fewer large meals, have several smaller meals. This will keep you away from feeling hungry, which in turn is the cause of cravings. Eating every 3 to 5 hours also helps to keep the blood sugar in the body stable and helps to avoid intake of unnecessary calories present in chocolates or chocolate products.
- Take a walk- whenever craving for chocolate hits you, go take a walk. This will help you change your mood and will divert your mind from the cravings. It’s better to take a short walk in a park or outdoors rather than walking within the house or indoors.
- Have some gum-another way of curbing the desperate chocolate cravings, is to grab some chewing gum or bubble gum. Research has shown that having gum considerably reduces many kinds of food cravings, including cravings for chocolate.
- Quality over quantity– another mantra for cutting down on the chocolate cravings is to pick quality over quantity. This means that if you feel like having chocolate, have chocolate but make sure you have lesser amount of rich chocolate rather than huge amounts of normal chocolate. Savor each bite of the chocolate and don’t rush into it.
- And lastly-give in a little– It has been proved that people crave for all things they are denied. If you deny yourself of chocolate, you will end up craving for it even more. So the best thing here to do is to treat yourself with little amounts of chocolate every once in a while to keep cravings at bay.
Photo Credit By: stuff.co.nz